Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, March 12, 2021

03/12/2021

Today was a well-paced day working from home. Busy morning and off and on things coming in the the afternoon, and a lot of busy work to keep myself occupied. My lungs weren't happy with me last night or this morning so I woke up early and had problems getting back to sleep, so I was pretty tired today. I have learned how to crack my upper back with a tennis ball and leaning against the wall and that seems to pop the upper ribs back into place and help my lungs feel better. It's pretty much back to normal though, but there's a bit of a cycle and a process to resolving the issue. I'm getting better at it, though.

I discussed with with my boss and coworker and it's agreed that I'll go to full 8-5 on my office days, but with my two fifteen minute breaks and an hour lunch. It might be broken into two half hours or I might combine them with the breaks into two 45 minutes breaks, I'll play with that and see what works best for me. This will allow me to rest through the day, which I need. It'll encourage me to eat properly. And it'll give me a chance to edit or read. For work, it'll give them coverage on the phones and the transcript desk till the end of the day so nobody has to cover for me after I leave.

After logging out, we ran out to Joann Fabrics to get a few more tree decorations, and found some really great stuff. The tree is just awesome now! We stopped by Central Market for a few things I only get from there. This Sunday is Pi Day, so I have to make a pie, in addition to the bread I'll be making, and the roast chicken dinner. Big food day! I picked a fall throwback for the pie to go with the chicken dinner, so it should be fun.

Dinner was Azteca, always delicious! The other half of it will be tomorrow's dinner. We tried to watch some of the new Punky Brewster tonight, but Peacock network wasn't cooperating so we couldn't finish the episode. Maybe tomorrow. WandaVision ended last week so we're doing an episode of GBBO before the Friday night Hallmark Christmas movie.

Hopefully I'll sleep better than I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment