Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, March 22, 2021

03/22/2021

Today was a full day at the office. It wasn't as busy as I anticipated it to be, but I stayed busy the entire day anyway. On my first lunch break, I walked down the Tower Deli to see if they were still open and was so happy to see that they are. I got my usual potstickers and will definitely go more often to support them. Not many places are open, and pretty much nothing in my building is open, so it makes for boring tv dinners for lunch mostly. There's a taco place I mean to try soon too. Places where I can get the food quickly to go will be important. But I also want to support these places too.

I was able to wrap things up and leave just about at 5, which was nice! The weather was back and forth today, but my lunch walk, and the walk to the bus on the way home were both really nice sunny weather. Our weather has been so back and forth lately. I had to put my socks on last night to warm up in bed.

Yesterday's taco lunch became tonight's taco salad dinner. Our usual shows tonight. Working from home the next two days, which will be nice because my right knee is feeling iffy after today's walk. I haven't walked downtown like that in a long time, and I probably did too long, too fast...Hopefully I'll sleep it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment