Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, November 1, 2020

11/01/2020

Today was a grocery shopping day and we had way too much fun at Fred Meyer and all their Thanksgiving decorations! Our holiday tree is now well on the way to becoming a Thanksgiving tree, and we bought an awesome decoration for the front entry hall. I spent a lot of time cutting out the extra items on the tree skirt made out of a discount tablecloth, and will turn those into a garland for the tree.

Before we went to the store, I got a few chores done. I did all the handwash laundry, and a load of by-hand dishes. We picked up Taco Time on our way back in from the store and ate it while watching Coco for Dia de los Muertos. I did a load of laundry and made my stollen for my food blog project. 

We had leftover spaghetti for dinner and I was able to portion out 4-1 cup portions of sauce for each of us, so we'll be good for spaghetti sauce for a while, so that's good. We watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and are now watching the Thanksgiving episodes of Roseanne.

Probably gonna be a crazy day at work tomorrow. I'm on my own, so it should be interesting to see how long a day it'll be...

No comments:

Post a Comment