Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, November 6, 2020

11/06/2020

It was a busy day working from home! But it was a good day too. I did manage to get a few chores done in the kitchen in the little bits of spare time I had. I have a big cooking and baking weekend ahead and I want to get the kitchen under control before I start! I also managed to enjoy a day of Hallmark channel Christmas movies and the Home and Family show, so that was nice.

After logging out for the day, we ran to the store. We've decided to go every week instead of every other week. It actually makes for less time in the store each time, and helps us from buying too much at a time. And because it's been a horrible week for our stress levels, and we always buy out on Friday, we got Heaven Sent chicken, the best fried chicken ever! And it was perfect.

A nice hot shower helped with my sinuses and lungs a bit, but I'm still hacking and coughing. We're going to get a humidifier for our living room soon. Our apartment is drier than our old place. My theory is we were so much closer to the water in our old place that it kept things a little more humid than where we are now. The air is just do dry here, and that definitely doesn't help my sinuses!

Fresh Prince of Bel Air Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes tonight and hopefully a good night's sleep to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment