Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, November 9, 2020

11/09/2020

Today was a pretty good day at work. My coworker came in to help and I was able to leave around 2pm. My cold is getting slightly better, I feel less run down, so I was able to deal with working in the office. My sinuses are bad though, but this is the most precarious part of the cold, where it's starting to leave, and I have to make sure it clears out without lingering and turning into a sinus infection. I'm still taking hot, steamy showers to clear my head, and drinking a lot of water, including hot water. I still can't taste much and it's making me not want to eat that much but I still get hungry! 

My sister has a cold too. We were gonna have tacos tomorrow night but have decided to put them off till we're a little better and can actually taste them. But they are gonna taste so good when I can taste again!!

We watched the Buffy Christmas episode and are now watching the Christmas Sabrina the Teenage Witch episodes tonight.

One of the worst things about this cold, is how chapped my hands are from washing my hands all the time. They always get back this time of year, but it's super awful right now.

I've been sleeping well and I hope to keep doing so. It's the most important part of recovering from a cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment