Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, November 24, 2020

11/24/2020

Today was a much better day. Work was a more normal amount, and physically, I felt a little better. Much less coughing and just less strained muscles. I still have some bouts of coughing, I've noticed it's worse after a meal, and in the afternoons and evenings. My doctor prescribed me a different inhaler, a steroid one, and I'll start it tonight. I hope it helps, because the darned thing cost $100, with insurance!!!!

I got the ok from my boss to continue working from home entirely for two weeks after Thanksgiving, because I know so many people will be gathering unsafely over the holiday and then getting on my bus and I don't want to go out in public during that time if I don't have to. It'll also allow my body to continue working through the lingering symptoms, and I'll be able to continue strengthening my body and hopefully work on getting back into proper exercising.

I've been icing my shoulder off and on all day, and it's helping. I am babying my left arm for a bit. I did a couple chores, by-hand dishes and sweeping the kitchen, and it seemed to be an ok level of use for my shoulder. I'm hopeful that my body will be less sore tonight that I'll be able to sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment