Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, November 23, 2020

11/23/2020

Well, it was a banner day today. I logged in to so much work and every single item required multiple communications with people to resolve it and it was so overwhelming that my boss suggested I log out for a couple hours to let my coworker take over for a while. She was at the office and sometimes it's just easier to be there to deal with stuff, which is why I like going in more often than not. But I just felt like a failure. I have to admit though, that I'm not at full brain power yet. I think my boss is in tune with me more than I realize cuz he seems to just know when to have me sit back for a bit and let somebody else take over, even if I can't see that I need it. I ended up logging back in later in the day and finished out everything else, but it was just bonkers.

I contacted my doctor again because I think I need one of the bronchitis inhalers. The coughing is picking up again, and the stuffy/runny nose, which is typical of what happens when my cold turns into bronchitis. Hopefully I'll get that in a day or two. Once I can get the coughing under control, I can let my body heal from all the pulled muscles I'm also dealing with. I'm in a lot of pain right now, but it's just pulled muscles. This illness sucks. It's a minor case, I can't imagine what a major case would be like. 

Today, things finally started going in the right direction for the Biden administration. Michigan certified their vote, and that sort of set off an avalanche. The GSA finally certified Biden's election, and the Trump administration finally permitted the Biden administration to move forward properly. Trump and co. are total garbage, but garbage collection day is coming...!

On another note, my sister and I finally settled on a Thanksgiving dessert idea, and now I feel like the meal is truly set. I need to remember to take out our pork roast tomorrow so it's thawed in time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment