Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, November 25, 2020

11/25/2020

Well, work is done for the week! I didn't really have time to do anything productive as it was pretty steady all day. Not out of control, but steady. I did watch Home for the Holidays at the same time as my bff, as it's our tradition to get together to watch it together, but obviously this year was different. I was still working at the same time though. I also finished up the Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman Thanksgiving episodes too and managed an episode of Call the Midwife before the end of the day.

After logging out, I walked slowly for five minutes on the treadmill to begin strengthening myself again. Then I did some prep work for tomorrow's meal, and took a shower. I had a bit of a coughing fit by the end of that work but it's gone now. Today is the first time in a few days that I don't have that stabbing pain in my shoulder from the pulled muscles, so I am hopeful that I'm slowly on the mend.

I tried a new sandwich from Tubs Subs tonight and it was fantastic. Ham, bacon, bbq sauce, coleslaw, cheddar cheese, pickles, and a hint of Tabasco. It is definitely one I'd get again. I've never had a bad sandwich from there though, so it's not a surprised that one was good too.

We're watching some British Bake Off and then we'll watch the Garfield and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving specials next. It'll be a nice way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment