Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, November 22, 2020

11/22/2020

Today I ventured out of the house for the first time since my diagnosis. My isolation ended yesterday. We exchanged some stuff with my parents first when they dropped by, and then walked to the Bartells drug store a couple blocks away. I picked up my inhaler and a few items I needed and since there's a Panda Express right next to it, we stopped in and picked up some food for lunch. I was so exhausted by the time I got back that I pretty much sat around for the rest of they day. I put off my food blog and will try to do it this week during Thanksgiving. I need to work on getting my strength back up before I do actual exercising again.

We watched a bunch of Christmas stuff today, including some movies we'd never seen but were very good! Jingle Jangle, The Christmas Chronicles, and Noelle. All ones I'd add to my annual viewing list! We're going to watch the new Hallmark Christmas movie tonight at 8pm. It should be fun.

I have strained my left shoulder from all the coughing I've been doing and am icing it in hopes of reducing the pain. It feels like I'm being stabbed in the shoulder each time I inhale. Apparently it's called the trapezius muscle. Fun times!

I have another week of working from home, and it's only a three day week, so that should be nice. Hopefully it won't be too crazy busy tomorrow, but at if I can manage to get a good night's sleep, it should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment