Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, November 7, 2020

11/07/2020

And today, at long last, Joe Biden was finally named the next president of the US. At long last, we could take a breath. At long last, we could start to move on. It took a long time for me to let the emotions come, but they finally have, and I have been crying off and on all evening. This is pain and fear and sadness I've held onto for four years, and now I'm able to start letting go of it all. It's a good, cathartic feeling.

On the cold front, I definitely can't deny that it's a cold. I cancelled getting together with my family tonight, and put off my blog meal till next week, because I've lost my sense of taste and smell, which is common for me in a cold. I usually get one this time of year, and after the stress and sleep deprivation of this week, I'm not surprised that my body was poised to catch something. I'm fever free, which is encouraging, and so far I'm not too miserable, which is good. I would just like it to start clearing out soon and be ready to cook next weekend.

We went to Fred Meyer real fast this morning and bought some stuff for my cold, like kleenex and chicken soup, and we also bought a big humidifier for our living room which is now set up and in use. I think it's going to work nicely to help with the dryness in the apartment.

The President and Vice President-Elect made speeches tonight, and after watching the news commentary on them, I have turned on the Hallmark channel to watch Christmas movies for the rest of the night. I need to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment