Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, November 26, 2020

11/26/2020

Well, today was the Thanksgiving sans family. My sister and I celebrated by ourselves and instead of a traditional meal, I made one of my Christmas blog meals. It turned out pretty good and I'll blog about that this weekend. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and it was really great this year in spite of having to change the format. We ate and watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, then switched into Christmas movies. We did Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, and now we're watching A Very Brady Christmas. 

I am really tired after the cooking today. I iced my shoulder and it's doing ok. I had some coughing today, but nothing too bad. Maybe my inhaler is kicking in and helping out. Who knows, but I will enjoy coughing less. I just need to get my muscles under control again.

Tomorrow we are venturing out into public for a hopefully brief time to get a few things from the store. We have a turkey breast we're going to cook tomorrow for a day after Thanksgiving Thanksgiving meal. It's a non-conformist year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment