Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, November 2, 2020

11/02/2020

Bleh, what a day! It wasn't a particularly hard day at work, just a full, busy day at work. I was alone the whole time, but at least I had the radio for company. We're running out of mailing envelopes and neither of the post offices had any when I stopped by them to look. I ordered 200 more today but I really need the first set to arrive! I'm going to have to start holding off on mailing stuff and let things build up until I can send them in boxes, if we don't get more soon.

I slept really badly last night and am super tired today. I had a bit of a meltdown when I got home from work, but dinner and a shower helped. I didn't have it in me to do the treadmill, and I probably won't tomorrow either because I will be glued to the tv...

The stress and anxiety of the election is definitely getting to me. I think it's getting to all of us. Everybody I interact with is in a bad mood right now. I'm doing my best, but I'm feeling very close to throwing a grown up tantrum.

I was going to make a new recipe tonight but I just didn't have the energy to make it and my tummy wasn't happy with me tonight, so I just foraged through the fridge and my cupboards for stuff instead. Probably more of the same tomorrow. We split the caramel apple we bought from the store yesterday, and it was very tasty! We watched The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band which I like to watch on Election day Eve. Now for some of the new Charmed on Netflix. I'm sad because Highway to Heaven was taken off Netflix before I had a chance to finish the series. I really liked that show, it was really soothing. I might need to start rewatching the Hallmark shows like Good Witch and When Calls the Heart because they're really soothing too.

I hope I sleep well tonight, because tomorrow might be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment