Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, November 20, 2020

11/20/2020

Well today began with a basically sleepless night last night. I developed a sharp pain in my left lung, like a twinge. I've had it before over the years and it usually only lasts a few seconds or a minute before going away, but last night it just didn't stop. I started getting worried about the side effects of covid, was I having a heart attack? A pulmonary embolism? Was I developing pneumonia? The pain plus those thoughts were not conducive to sleep. I emailed my doctor with a detailed description of the symptoms and then attempted one last position in bed: on my stomach, on the wedge pillow, so slightly upright, with my arms stretched up on the pillow. Finally, that allowed my lungs the space they needed to stretch out properly and the pain finally subsided. But the position of my head and neck were still not conducive to sleeping. I emailed the doctor again with an update and then emailed in sick to my boss because there was no way I was going to be any use to them.

I set up a phone video doctor appointment for tomorrow with a different doctor than mine, but I was supposed to do that anyway, to check in for covid. I have some questions I'd like answered so hopefully I'll get the answers tomorrow morning!

Later, my doctor emailed me back saying it was basically lung cramps and that it's really common with covid because of how long and how much you're coughing. No danger, just irritating. I felt better after that. I also felt better after my sister stepped on my back and cracked about a thousand things in it, including probably all of my ribs back into place. I immediately felt better, but from about my collar bones up, I'm pretty stiff and sore. I hope I start to see an improvement soon!

In the meantime, we started our Christmas stuff. We watched The Borrowers, Last Christmas, and now the Doctor Who Christmas episodes. Leftovers for dinner and popcorn later for a treat. I hope I manage to sleep well tonight because I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment