Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, November 21, 2020

11/21/2020

I managed to get a really good night's sleep last night which made for a much better day today. I had my phone appointment with a doctor today to check in with the covid. She was really pleased with how I'm progressing and even renewed my inhaler prescription since she wants to make sure my lungs stay healthy through this. She said that I'm at the point where I can start exercising again, low and slow. So, since my isolation ends today, I will be walking the few block walk to the drug store tomorrow to pick up the inhaler. It'll be the perfect reintroduction to exercising.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with my mom too. We've been texting but I knew she would want to hear about my appointment and just get caught up on all the covid stuff from start to finish. My shoulder was sore from all the coughing and sleeping on it oddly, but it was super painful after pretty much two hours of holding up a phone. I've been using the heating pad on it off and on ever since, but it's just like all the other stuff with this, it just has to work its way through me.

My parents are going to stop by tomorrow for a short time to pick up a few things and drop off the brandy I need for Thanksgiving dinner this week.I'm actually making one of the Christmas dinners for my food blog for Thanksgiving, so it should be fun. Tomorrow, I'll be baking for the blog too, so it should be a nice day.

We spent the day watching the rest of our Thanksgiving stuff and got through everything except the stuff my sister doesn't like, which I'll watch next week when she returns to work and I continue to work from home. I tried to work on a garland for the Thanksgiving tree, but it didn't work out. We found some ribbon to use as a second attempt though it won't be ready for this year. It'll give me a year to figure it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment