Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, November 28, 2020

11/28/2020

Today was a blend of slowly doing some chores, taking frequent breaks to rest, and watching Christmas stuff. I did a load of laundry, filled and ran the dishwasher, dusted, and vacuumed the apartment, and put away the fall/Thanksgiving decorations. I had planned to put up all the Christmas decorations, but my shoulder hurt a lot today and my cough meds only half worked because it's a different brand with a different dose, so I was a little more lungy today.

But in spite of that, I am slowly getting better. This is just taking its own time, and I need to learn to be patient with it and also learn what my body can and can't handle, and not push it too soon.

I also made a couple online orders for Small Business Saturday. I ordered my mom's Christmas present, and I ordered some honey for my baklava in a few weeks for my food blog project. Both orders came from shops at the Pike Place Market!

Leftovers for dinner and per usual, we are Thanksgiving'd out. We'll probably do some more turkey sandwiches, but that's it.

Tomorrow we have to go to the store again for a few last minute items, and hopefully I'll get the place decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment