Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, November 14, 2020

11/14/2020

Well, today was not a huge "doing stuff" day. I stayed up super late last night and slept in till almost 10am. When I got up I decided to make the cake for my blog project. Tomorrow will be the entree and side dish and I'll write about it all Sunday evening, as usual. I missed not being able to blog last week but am very glad that my taste and smell are returning.

My illness is still progressing nicely, and I've passed the time when I need to worry about initial horrible side effects, though I will still have to be on the lookout for long term possible side effects. Even mild cases can have long term side effects, so I'll have to consult with my doctor before starting up with any exercising again. The scary thing is just not knowing. How can you tell if you'll develop problems? Ultimately you have to just get on with life because you can't live in that constant worry.

And apparently the governor tomorrow is going to crack down on the state and it's going to be more restrictions because of the spike in cases right now. People will grumble, but the next step is another lockdown. Let's hope that this does the job to lessen the cases.

We watched the Psych 2 movie, finally, and then all the Psych Christmas episodes. Now we're watching The Office and will finish with an episode of The Great British Bake Off. Should be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment