Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, October 31, 2020

10/31/2020

Happy Halloween! Today has been a nice day. I packaged up the stocking stuffers I got for my sister and put them under the Halloween tree because our stockings hadn't arrived yet. Funnily enough, they arrived today! Our Halloween set up is now complete and it's time for me to set my sights on Thanksgiving starting tomorrow! We discussed our strategy for watching Thanksgiving and Christmas tv show episodes and decided to change it a bit and do a show, and watch all the Thanksgiving and then all the Christmas episodes before moving onto to the next show. This will allow us to work out of one disc holder at a time, so that should be nice.

We started the day with bacon, pancakes, and eggs for me for a brunch and it was great. We did a Wayward Pines marathon today, which is a great show for Halloween. It's very creepy. After a couple episodes we paused for a bit so I could go to Bartell's to pick up a prescription. While I was there they were playing Halloween music and got to listen to the entire Twin Peaks theme song which was epic!

When I got back we took out all the recycling and garbage before getting back to the show. I started the spaghetti sauce, and the blog recipes. One recipe I only did the first step, and I'll finish it tomorrow. The other recipe I made entirely, and have tasted it and it's lovely! Both recipes are breads, but very different from each other. I'm excited to make the other one tomorrow too.

The spaghetti sauce turned out great and I'm happy to have more tomorrow for dinner too! We've finished Wayward Pines and have launched into our annual viewing of the Garfield Halloween and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown specials. To me, this is the true kickoff of the holiday season!

Even though I slept well last night, I'm still pretty tired and anticipate another good night's sleep tonight too. We get our hour back tonight too, so that'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment