Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, October 10, 2020

10/10/2020

Today was a nice day. We did our trip to the zoo, at long last! Started with Burger King for breakfast, and then a nice, chilly morning at the zoo. You have to kind of follow the path they set up and a lot of it is one way only, but somehow how we spent a lot of time with literally just my sister and me at parts of the zoo. It was pretty cool. We got to see the rhinos by ourselves and they looked right at us and when we moved to another vantage point, they turned and kept looking at us. I spoke calmly to them and one of them looked so intently at me, like he was listening. It was pretty special. And we got to see the baby gorilla and he was so cute! And the python is usually really sedentary or not in its enclosure but it was really active this morning. It was very cool! And we had to buy some stuff at the zoo store. I got a pen made out of a recycled bottle, and a Christmas ornament.

After we left the zoo, we attempted to go to Trader Joe's in Ballard but the line to get in was ridiculous so we just left and came home. We watched the first of the Fantastic Beasts movies and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow on Disney Plus before heading out to go to our parents' house. We tried to go to the Shoreline Trader Joe's first and it was the same thing with the line to get in, so we skipped that one too! We ended up at the Safeway out by my parents and picked up stuff there for dinner. Nothing exciting, but it got the job done.

Tonight we introduced my family to Randy Rainbow. Somehow they've managed to get by this long without ever seeing his stuff, so we had to educate them on him. It was fun! I also got some really amazing feedback for the first two chapters of my book that I sent out to my cousin for her input. People don't seem to get that you get more out of negative feedback than positive, so you really can't sugar coat and overlook stuff if you're editing somebody's work. And you really can't take it personally. the story is always, always better when you work out what doesn't work, rather than surround yourself with "yes" people.

Tomorrow will be chore day, first blog meal day, and movie day. I don't get Monday off, so it's just a regular weekend for me, though my sister gets Monday off. Lucky duck!! I might try to do my blog meal for lunch so I can write it up in the afternoon and get it posted. I'm excited to get this project under way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment