Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, October 2, 2020

10/02/2020

Today I worked from home. It was pretty slow, but had some moments of flurry. I managed to put up my Halloween decorations and watched a bunch of Call the Midwife on Netflix as I worked. It was a generally low key day. I keep getting complaints about my handwriting on some of the stuff I have to fill out at work and I really can't do anything about it, so I designed and ordered a custom-made stamp since it's something I write on al the paperwork, so it'll be nice. It's worth $20 to make the complaints stop.

After logging out of work, I walked down to meet me friend and we picked up food at a restaurant near my place. It was nice seeing her again, even if it was just for the time it took for our food to get ready. It's still nerve-wracking to be indoors, but we sat at a table waiting for our food, if not six feet apart, then pretty darned close and had masks on the whole time except when taking sips of water, which we did at different times. The food was delish. I picked up a calzone for my sister that looked amazing. I got the chicken marsala which was really good too. There's a lot of stuff on their menu that I want to try, so now that I know how it works, I can definitely see myself going there more often. It's nice because when we moved to the neighborhood, my sister and I wanted to try the restaurants out but the pandemic hit and everything shut down. We'll just have to figure out how it works at new places, even if we have to order online or on the phone and can't eat inside. It was easy enough to walk my food back and eat it at home tonight. I even have leftovers for tomorrow!

Since it's October, we are fully embracing Halloween and watching as many Halloween movies as we can this month. We're watching Disney's The Haunted Mansion on Disney Plus tonight. It's one I've actually never seen before! I do like watching spooky movies this time of year. We'll probably watch several more this weekend.

Grocery shopping weekend, and I'm thawing out a roast to make pulled pork for Sunday dinner. Should be delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment