Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, October 9, 2020

10/09/2020

Worked from home today and it ended up being super stressful. Drama and those horrid exhibits from yesterday came back to haunt me. And then connectivity issues pretty much ruined the afternoon. I'm going to try to stay calmer in the future, but it's tough when you are all alone with no sounding board to talk things through with. You tend to keep things bottled up more. At least that's how my experience has been.

I managed to watch three movies during the work day, though, so that was good. Bram Stoker's Dracula, off my Halloween list, Remember the Titans, off my autumn movies list, and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which I haven't seen in forever but it seemed like a good day for it. It also feels autumnal to me too, in the look and scenery.

After logging out, I walked to the teriyaki shop down the street and ordered potstickers and chicken yakisoba for dinner. I walked around while the food cooked and checked out a nearby dentist I am considering going to once I research it properly. The food was delish. We watched Rudy while I ate.

It was windy and really air pressurey today and my head hurt pretty much all day. I took a hot, steamy shower after the movie ended and I'm feeling better now. We're watching the Halloween episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air now and I'm charging my camera batteries for tomorrow.

So excited to be going to the zoo tomorrow, at long last! We were going to go last month but smokepocalypse rolled through town and we couldn't leave the apartment, and then they closed the zoo anyway. I am so happy to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment