Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, October 24, 2020

10/24/2020

Today started with a trip to Safeway, even though it wasn't a shopping weekend. There were some good deals and a coupon to take advantage of. We picked up the ingredients to make a giant batch of spaghetti sauce next weekend, which will be perfect because my blog recipes for next week are both desserts, cuz of Halloween.

When we got back, we settled in for some episodes of The Office, and then we switched to more Halloween stuff on Disney+, including my first viewing of Frankenweenie, which was cute. Hallmark channel has switched to 24/7 Christmas, which is fun. I watched some of that after before calling in our teriyaki order for dinner.

We picked up dinner and drove out to our parents' house for our family gathering where we finally watched Hamilton as a group! Sigh, it's so good on screen! I also got some feedback for my new possible book intro, and have a better sense of the direction to take it in, which is really helpful!

Tomorrow my parents stop by to help my sister with some stuff, and they get to see our Halloween tree. The last of the ornaments I ordered from Etsy arrived today, so I feel like the tree is as set as it can be until we start tracking down more ornaments on our as of now, non-existent day trips. We're also awaiting our Halloween stockings. Nobody seems to make Halloween stocking holders, but I found a good idea online of how to make our own. Too late for this year, but we can work on it for next year.

Tomorrow I do my blog meal. Hopefully it'll turn out better than last week's did!!!

1 comment: