Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, October 1, 2020

10/01/2020

Today was a good day at work. I had a good amount of work to keep me busy at the office till about 2pm before leaving to finish the day at home. I talked on the phone with my boss when I got home. I'm still not used to managers who actually have time for me and seem to care for me as a person, and not just see me as something they can squeeze more work out of. Most places I've worked, they just want to try to get you to do the job of four people for the price of one. It's left some lasting damage that's going to take some time to come out of, if I ever do. I'm not used to being supported. We're still all trying to work out the best way to do everything with the people we have, in the situation we're in. It's going to take continual tweaking, but hopefully we'll figure it all out!

Today was the first day since March that I had to actually pay bus fare to get on the bus. I put a monthly pass on my Orca card, and they've redone part of the site since I did it last, but it worked fine. It was strange to get on the bus in the front. They're still letting too many people on sometimes. Mostly in the morning. I wish they'd add one more 41 in the busy times.

I walked on the treadmill this afternoon after logging out of work. Watching the classic 60's Batman and this was the first time Cat Woman showed up. She's just the best. I still want to avoid walking outside while the smoke is in the air but it's getting better, so maybe by next week I'll be back outside after work. 

Pizza for dinner tonight. We had all the ingredients, including dough in the fridge, and it was delish! I'm getting together with a friend tomorrow night to pick up food, but not eat in the restaurant. It'll be the first time I've seen her since at least February. It might actually have been January. We stay in touch daily online but we used to get together every other Saturday to hang out so it's been sad to lose that time. I just don't feel comfortable being inside other people's houses for too long, though. We've been talking about getting together occasionally outside to get food so we can at least interact in person sometimes, but stuff kept coming up and pushing it off. Tomorrow will be the test run for it!

The Office and Punky Brewster tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment