Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, October 19, 2020

10/19/2020

What a day! It has never been this busy since July when my coworker went on vacation. It was busy to start with and it just kept coming and coming all day long. I stayed till 4pm before leaving and there's probably at least half a day's work for tomorrow to get all the paper stuff squared away. Luckily my coworker comes in tomorrow and will hopefully be able to help me out. It wasn't hard stuff or anything anxiety-inducing, which was good. It was just so much!

The worst part of the day was coming home. It was freezing cold and raining and the bus said it was 9 minutes away, but it ended up being at least twice that long till it arrived, and was then packed. And then when it got to the park and ride, it took a ten minute break before moving on again. It was ridiculous!

I almost skipped it, but I walked on the treadmill when I got home, and finished out a Joker storyline on Batman. A nice hot shower helped me forget the silly bus ride home. Leftovers for dinner and a strawberry Pop Tart for dessert helped too. Fun stuff on youtube tonight is very relaxing. Cold feet though, in spite of socks and slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment