Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, October 30, 2020

10/30/2020

I ended up going into the office this morning and stayed till around noon when everything got under control. I'm glad I went in because it'll be that much less to deal with on Monday. I brought a cd of Christmas music and listened to it while I worked, so that was fun! When I got home I logged on for the rest of the day. It was pretty slow in the afternoon, so that was nice. I watched Labyrinth, and then turned on Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel for the rest of my shift.

Once I logged off, we went out and ran some errands. We stopped at my parents's house to pick up and drop off some stuff, then went to Central Market to stock up on meat for my Christmas blog project. Then a trip to Joan Fabrics to get some non-Christmas ornaments. Then I picked up chicken shawarma from the Middle Eastern restaurant next door. It was sooo good! I'm enjoying some baklava for dessert now.

We're likely to finish out the Simpsons Halloween episodes tonight and tomorrow we're planning on a Wayward Pines marathon. I'll also be picking up a prescription, and making a batch of spaghetti sauce for dinner. It should be a nice Halloween! I'm going to try to make the stollen tomorrow too. I picked up the dark rum I need to soak the fruit tonight from my dad.

I hope I sleep well, I didn't sleep well last night and I'm pretty tired today!

No comments:

Post a Comment