Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, October 16, 2020

10/16/2020

I worked from home today. It was a well-paced day but I had some times to work on other stuff. I swept the hardwood floors, vacuumed the apartment, and cleaned the toilet and bathroom countertop. I also made my candied oranges for this weekend's blog recipes. I watched one of the commentaries on my Sense and Sensibility dvd because I watched the movie yesterday. No real reason, I just felt like it. But in Halloween things, I watched Crimson Peak. I also set up the Halloween tree and the decorations we have gotten so far for it. We have a tree skirt, garlands, a black glitter tree topper, and candy corn lights that I strung up around the leaf garland on the shelves behind it. We're still waiting on our ornaments and the stockings.

Here are the candy corn lights. We had the garland up, but I put the lights around them today. I think it looks really great like this and we'll keep those up through Thanksgiving.

The lighting isn't the best at the moment, but that's the tree as it is now. I'll try to take some more pictures once the ornaments show up and I'll experiment with the lighting too.

And here's a close up of the Jack Skellington tree skirt. I think it's super cute!

After logging out for the day, we did the majority of our grocery shopping but we'll have to go back out tomorrow to do a little bit more before we're finished. It was getting late, so we picked up dinner and headed home. Watching Halloween DCOMs tonight.

I forgot to put on one of the nose strips last night so I didn't sleep well and am very tired. I hope to sleep in tomorrow! More Halloween shows and movies tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment