Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, October 17, 2020

10/17/2020

Today has been a pretty nice day. We started off with breakfast before heading to Fred Meyer. We spent a lot of money but I got some things I've needed or wanted for a long time in terms of clothes. I also did the last of my grocery shopping there, as well. Afterwards, we drove out to my parent's house to pick up/drop off some stuff. My mom's birthday is next week so we wanted to give her her present before instead of after her birthday.

When we got home, we settled in for the rest of the day with movies. We watched Knives Out, teamed up with Clue. Then we watched Poltergeist, and now we're onto the classic Ghostbusters to finish out the day. We have a couple more Halloween movies for tomorrow but then we'll be moving onto Thanksgiving!!

I took out the garbage/compost/recycling today, but laundry will be tomorrow. So will my blog recipes. I wanted to make sure they're as fresh as possible into next week as I can make it since on Tuesday I'll have coworkers in the office who might eat leftovers if they're still good then.

Last night I ordered a few more Halloween ornaments from Etsy for our Halloween tree and so far two of them have shipped, so hopefully over the next week they'll show up and we'll put them on the tree! It's so much fun to have a Halloween tree, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

I shouldn't stay up as late as I did last night because I'm super tired now!

No comments:

Post a Comment