Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, October 12, 2020

10/12/2020

Today was a pretty easy day at work. I stayed at the office till about 2pm. No major drama or problems popped up. I had a few questions for my coworkers, but nothing crucial. I got to test out my new stamp which is fun! I got some good feedback on it and tomorrow I'll redo the ones I did today and make it look even better. This will help me have to write less and will ultimately save time. It's boring and silly to write the same thing over and over on all the paperwork when a stamp will do it all for me!

When I came home to finish the day remotely, I put a couple jobs on the calendar, but that was it. Really simple day, overall. After I logged out, I walked on the treadmill and finished up a particularly ridiculous Batman storyline, which is saying something! I also worked in the den for a while, continuing to clean up and organize in there even more. I gathered and took the compost, garbage, and recycling out in two trips. And a nice, steamy hot shower was in order afterwards!

Leftovers from last night's Christmas dinner from Cameroon for dinner tonight. I'm thawing out chicken for tomorrow night's new recipe to test. I am hopeful that it'll be pretty delicious. I'm also going to start the prep work for this weekend's blog recipes. One of the recipes calls for candied oranges and candied pears. Candied pears are super expensive to buy online, so I decided to try my hand at making them from scratch! I'll be photographing the process and will write about it over the weekend.

Tonight, we're watching the Buffy Halloween episodes, but we'll probably have time for a half hour show afterwards. I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight. I've been having problems with congestion waking me up and making it difficult to get back to sleep, but I moved my humidifier and my sister gave me some of her nose strips and I tried one last night and it seemed to help. I might have to start using them from now on. I do love this time of year when you can get all cozy in the heavier bedding and it's just the perfect temperature!

No comments:

Post a Comment