Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, October 25, 2020

10/25/2020

Lazy day today. My parents dropped by to help my sister put some stuff up in her room, and my dad helped hang a picture in our living room, so that was nice. They really liked all our Halloween decorations, especially the tree!

We mostly watched movies today. We borrowed my mom's copy of The Birds, which I haven't seen in ages, and it's the perfect time of year to watch it. We also watched the new version of Rebecca on Netflix. It was ok, a bit slow. I'd like to try the novel out and the Hitchcock version, sometime.

I also did my blog food, which I'll write about in my food blog next. I changed up one of the recipes for a future week based on my 23andme DNA test update, in which I lost all my Southern European DNA, but gained some Eastern European. I want to try and keep it as accurate as I can!

 I did a few typical Sunday chores. Laundry and taking out garbage, compost, and recycling. Also some general straightening up and putting away the clean dishes. Good times!

Now we're watching a DCOM to finish out the night. Back to work tomorrow..another Monday...!

No comments:

Post a Comment