Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, October 4, 2020

10/04/2020

Today was a lazy Sunday, just like I like them! I got up at a decent time and sat in my reading chair, reading for about an hour. then we went out and picked up doughnuts and Taco del Mar for lunch. We watched the last Harry Potter movie, so next week we'll watch the Fantastic Beasts movies. We also watched Sister Act 2, and the new Ghostbusters. We had extra time tonight so we did the first episode of So Weird on Disney Plus cuz they finally added the show. It's a fun one, spooky and perfect for Halloween.

I also did chores. I took out the garbage/compost/recycling, ran two loads of laundry, swept, wrapped and froze all the bread products we got at the grocery store yesterday, caught up with the sink and ran the dishwasher. There's always more chores to be done, but I got the place functional for the week to come.

Dinner tonight was pulled pork and it was delish! Using up stuff from the freezer, fridge, cupboards, and counters in hopes of getting this place yet even more functional. We're still trying to work down some of the panic buying food we got at the start of the pandemic. Each week I clear out some more stuff from the freezers so soon it'll be easier to find stuff in them!

It's finally cooling down around here and feeling and looking like autumn! It's been foggy and cloudy all weekend but I think the sun is supposed to come back for the next couple weeks. It won't be that hot though. I'm glad of that because I love this time of year because of the crisp, sunny days! I love them while they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment