Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, October 5, 2020

10/05/2020

Today was a slower day at work that it looked like it would be at first. There was a lot of emails but most of them were for audio stuff or referral jobs. I ended up leaving the office around 2pm and finished the day at home. Obviously I don't mind much and I haven't been feeling too good today so I didn't mind coming home sooner. I turned on Beetlejuice while I worked.

After work, I did the treadmill and took out some of the recycling I forgot to do yesterday. I also took care of the garbage and compost because we'd created a lot from dinner last night. I think I'm going to try to take it all out every day or every other day from now on because it just gets too smelly under the sink.

Today my sister and I decided that we need to embrace Halloween this year like never before. Our Christmas tree is just a black tree with lights that are either white, or multicolored, so we decided we're going to put it out and do it up as a Halloween tree. We had fun looking at some ornaments, a tree skirt, garlands, and of course, Halloween stockings. This will no doubt become an annual tradition, so I have a new set of ornaments to start looking for on day trips and vacations. We just ordered everything today but I'll definitely take pictures when it's all ready. I need to figure out what to do for Thanksgiving, but we might just do an autumn tree. I definitely don't want turkeys and pilgrims on a tree, that's just weird...

Leftovers tonight, and I baked a few of the cookies I bought at the store. Peanut butter. Always tasty! Watching the Halloween episodes of Roseanne tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment