Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, October 7, 2020

10/07/2020

The work day went as long as the previous two did. I had to go on a field trip this morning and swap out a transcript at one of the law offices, or the lobby of the building they were in since I couldn't come upstairs. I had to kneel down on the floor which hurt my knee. Fortunately I was able to use the bus for the majority of getting there and back, but but me knees, which don't do well with bending far and kneeling on the ground, needed a break from the treadmill to make sure I don't overwork them.

Work again slowed way down in the afternoon when I got home. I got the sink caught up and watched The Mummy Returns. I made an appointment for tomorrow after work to go get my flu shot at Bartells and I will also pick up a prescription. Definitely will be perusing the Halloween aisles for decorations and candy...! 

After logging off, I read in my reading corner in my bedroom for a while. I'm making my way through some of the works of Frederick Douglass currently in my antiracism reading. 

Tonight was leftovers for dinner. I found a potatoes au gratin with ham from Marie Callenders at the store the other day and we'll be trying that out for dinner tomorrow night. And on another food note, I am planning on swapping my first two week's of blog meals because some of the ingredients I bought for week two will possibly spoil before then and all of the ingredients for week one will last longer. I had a game plan, but sometimes logistics get in the way! It'll be better to have fresh food that doesn't waste money by getting spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment