Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, October 8, 2020

10/08/2020

Today was the day of nightmare exhibits, but it ended up being because nobody showed me how to resize the electronic stamps we put on them now. It was so stressful I was really glad to leave the office about a half hour sooner than the rest of the week. But the exhibits followed me home in my spare time, I scrapped all the messed up ones, resaved them, and then followed my coworker's instructions and finally got the stamps to work. I feel very accomplished, but it was just ridiculous! At the end of the shift, somebody turned in a last minute rush so I stayed online and got it out to the referral company who needed it asap. I guess that's the advantage of working remotely. A late day isn't that big of a deal.

After logging out I got ready and left to walk down to Bartells. I had made an appointment online yesterday to get my flu shot, and also ordered a refill for one of my meds, so I took care of both of those things, and then perused the Halloween aisle to get some fun decorations and stocking stuffers for the Halloween stockings when they arrive. I'm glad I finally got my flu shot. I definitely don't want to mess with that ever, but particularly not during a pandemic.

Dinner turned out to be really tasty, even if it was entirely store-bought. Marie Callender's now has this family-size ham and scalloped potatoes dish that is like my mom's patio potatoes, only way cheaper and easier to deal with. We made that and a can of refrigerator biscuits to go with it. I threw in some baby carrots on the side to eat an actual vegetable today!

More Halloween episodes tonight. Boy Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Working from home tomorrow and probably gonna watch a couple Halloween movies. Not sure about dinner tomorrow...It'll be a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment