Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, September 6, 2020

9/6/2020

Lots of movies today! The day started off with me reading and lounging in bed for a while, which was nice. Then I watched an episode of Call the Midwife on Netflix, which always makes me bawl. It's such a good show. When my sister joined me, we started in on movies and did a few chores. We rearranged the living room a bit and now there's more space to move around and we set up the lamp my sister took from work, so I moved the old one to my room. I set up the extension cord I bought and now all my stuff is plugged in near my bed, which is nice. My humidifier will be closer to me. I'm already noticing a difference with it so I definitely want to keep using it. We also took out the garbage, recycling, and compost.

Tomorrow I have to do laundry and I might vacuum if it's not too hot. I will also try to get the kitchen under control again. I made the pork roast that was supposed to become pulled pork, but it wouldn't pull, so we just ate like like normal pork roast, but with bbq seasoning. It was really delicious! We also tried the root beer float pie I made last night. It turned out pretty good, but I wouldn't have minded it tasting even more like root beer than it did. We decided that a Labor Day rewatch of the Netflix BSC series was a must for tomorrow, but there will probably be time for some movies too.

Ending today with a Teen Beach Movie and Teen Beach 2 rewatch. Sometimes you just gotta watch some musicals!

No comments:

Post a Comment