Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, September 29, 2020

09/29/2020

Today was a less busy day, but still a full day. My coworker came into the office and we needed to work on some weird exhibits while she was here. We also discussed what's working and what's not working. She's possibly going to come into the office a little more often on busy days, like Mondays, and wants me to send her more stuff she can do remotely, like stamping and relabeling exhibits so I can focus more on transcripts. She told me she had done transcripts for 4 solid years before really branching out into other parts of the business. I'd been at work a year when the pandemic hit and then I was off work for 2.5 months before coming back and have been straddling 2+ jobs when I came back, so it's really expecting too much of me to be able to handle all this with the amount of training I've had. I felt validated because I do make mistakes and it's hard for me to handle. But knowing I'm not really ready for what I'm doing, but have no choice at the moment, makes me feel better.

I left work after 2pm and ran a transcript to the building next door before heading home. I discovered a way out of the building that will mean less downhill walking while the elevator is out of commission. That'll be nice for me knees!

When I got home, it was pretty busy until the end of the shift. We've been busy the last couple weeks and people are finally getting the chance to turn in their work, so it's picking up for us on the back end. We'll see how long I'm at the office tomorrow.

After logging out, I got dinner doing. I made oregano chicken and rice, a new recipe that was pretty easy to make. I marinated the chicken this morning and got it all set up in the little oven before taking my shower. No walking today, my knees are sore and I don't want to push them. I had a little time in the cooking process that I sat in my new chair in my room and read for a bit. It was lovely!

I had to close my window as the smoke has rolled back into town tonight. We were assured by the news that it would be high up, no problem, but I could smell it very strongly. I'll probably have to switch to my N95 mask again tomorrow for the next few days. Sigh, it was so lovely not having the smoke here...

Smartly, my sister and I chose to watch The Good Place on Netflix and skipped the presidential debate tonight. We're gonna switch to Punky Brewster after this episode. Last night, I finished Avatar: The Last Air Bender, and it was fantastic! I might have to start The Legend of Korra next...

No comments:

Post a Comment