Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, September 23, 2020

09/23/2020

Today was a really short day at the office. A couple transcripts, something to be picked up for delivery, and some video stuff, but that's about it. I left the office around 11am and was home and logging in before noon, which is definitely a record! It was gross and rainy out all day, so I was glad to be home working. During the slow times, I put out the autumn decorations and rearranged some stuff in the den to make it more user-friendly. I have embraced autumn, even though it feels like we were robbed of our end of summer. Wearing sweaters in the morning, drinking tea again, and I had hot soup with my lunch today!

It was really gross outside, so I walked on the treadmill after logging off, instead of going out for a walk. After my shower, I changed my bedding and put on my autumn/winter comforter. I washed my sheets and something happened between the washer and the dryer, but they're now full of snags and I'm going to have to buy new ones. I don't know if the dryer was too hot or what. They're polyester sheets and our dryer runs hot, so maybe the overheated. I'm not sure why that would create snags, though. I just googled it and will look around the inside of the dryer to see if there's anything in there that things could snag on.

Leftovers for dinner, quesadillas for dinner tomorrow. The rain and wind has stopped, at least for a while. More Office and Punky Brewster tonight. Will probably end the night with Highway to Heaven and an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

No comments:

Post a Comment