Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, September 13, 2020

09/13/2020

I woke up at 6am today, and was just awake for the day. I read in bed till 7am before getting up to get ready for the day. It ended up being was another big movie day, though my sister slept in super late, so it started off as a Call the Midwife marathon, which was lovely. We did venture out of the house today to pick up some masks my dad ordered for the family, and to pick up some lunch. Then it was home for movies, movies, movies!

I did manage to take the compost/garbage/recycling, filled and ran the dishwasher, and did two loads of laundry. It was a good balance of chores and super relaxing. In spite of the terrifying smoke that ruined all of my Saturday plans, it ended up being a really nice weekend. Lots of Disney movies, both animated and live-action, and the first two Harry Potter films, and a good chunk of Call the Midwife. I can't complain!

It's still supposed to be gross tomorrow so I'll definitely wear my heavy duty mask out to/from the bus to go to work. I have no idea how busy it'll be, so no clue if it'll be a full day or a partial day at the office. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment