Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, September 5, 2020

9/5/2020

Well, I am exhausted! Today we got up and stopped at Burger King for breakfast, and ate in the car. We had decided last night that since we both need new clothes, as ours are falling apart, and stores limit how many people can be inside at a time, and everybody has to wear a mask, and since we would wash the clothes before wearing them for real, and would shower when we got home, that it wasn't that much worse to shop for clothes and it was to go to a grocery store. We were going to do Southcenter so we could also hit up the Disney store, but my mom said there were protests planned that might mess up traffic, so we decided to head to Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood instead. We thought we'd get there around 10am, before it got really busy. We were shocked to find out, after we arrived, that they don't open till 11am. What kind of mall opens at 11am on a holiday weekend?! We didn't want to stick around, so we headed over to Old Navy and Nordstrom Rack a few blocks away and had great luck with our clothes. I took my thickest mask I use for the bus for this shopping trip in hopes of staying as safe as possible.

After clothes shopping, we headed out to Marysville where there is an outlet mall with a Disney store. I'd never been there, and it's all outdoors. Every store had limited people allowed in at a time and employees enforcing it, and everybody had to wear a mask and stand 6 feet apart in the line outside. Once we were in, it was harder to social distance, but everybody had their masks on, and we tried to be as fast as possible. I found that they also had a Bath and Body Works store there, so I had to there too.

It's obviously a risk to go anywhere and do anything during a pandemic, but I feel that we took every precaution and we were finished before the crowd picked up. We also decided to get the grocery shopping done today so we can just stay home the rest of the weekend. 

I was so drained and tired by the time we were done and my sister pointed out that I haven't really interacted with that many people or been in that large a group of people, since the pandemic began, so it makes sense that it would leave me drained.

We picked up Taco del Mar on the way back and have spent the rest of the day watching movies. I also worked on a blog post of links for antiracism work. And I made a pie! We'll see how it turns out, but I'll probably do a Labor Day food post to show what I made this weekend. I hope it'll be tasty, but it's setting till tomorrow, so we'll see then!

Finishing the night with an episode of Call the Midwife. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment