Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, September 24, 2020

09/24/2020

Today was ridiculous. There were two transcripts, with exhibits, that took seriously four hours from start to finish! They were different and more complicated than normal ones, and rarely come up. I'm barely trained to do them for my own job, and not at all for the production job. I'm actually going to come in tomorrow so my coworker can go over them with me and make sure I did them right. I'll be taking notes too! We were having problems with some of the exhibits not printing the entire image for some reason and none of us could figure it out until I found a little box in the advanced section to click on to "print as image" and boom, it worked perfectly! I'm glad I figured it out cuz it was not good.

Last night, I spent the evening looking up new bedding for my spring/summer bedding. I haven't gotten a new comforter for that time of the year since I moved out of my parent's house. I found something that looks exactly like Blanche's bedroom from The Golden Girls and came with a pineapple pillow! I got word that it shipped today, so I should get it soon. I won't set it up till next spring, but I'll have it ready.

My new reading chair arrived the other day and my parents dropped it off and set it up for me this afternoon. It looks great in my room and fits perfectly in the space I envisioned for it. This weekend I might spend some quality time reading in it!

It wasn't raining this evening, so I did my walk outside. I picked up a book from the little neighborhood library. Maybe I'll read that this weekend. After my shower I got the dishes caught up and made a quesadilla for dinner. It was pretty tasty.

Tomorrow, the plan is to go to Grocery Outlet and pick up dinner after work. If I'm lucky, I'll be home earlier than I was today. I ended up staying till 4pm and then just leaving for the day. Not sure what dinner will be, but hopefully it'll be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment