Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, September 21, 2020

09/21/2020

Metro changed their quarterly schedules this weekend and today the bus was super messed up this morning. A new driver, 7 minutes late, and because he was so late, there were tons of people at each stop and the driver let all of them on until people were standing in the aisles and he let two people on without masks on, and he himself was wearing his mask under his nose. It was a nightmare and definitely not a good start to the day or week. Because of this, I was a bit crabby all day.

Work itself was not as bad as I anticipated cuz my coworker logged in and ran the transcripts desk for the morning before I took over later to finish up the last of the stuff in the in-box. I was busy till just before 3pm before coming home to finish working remotely. I was also super headachy all day. Still am. And my upper back is sore. I'm just so whiny today!

I took a walk outside after work for the first time in a long time, and it was really nice. The highlight was the people out walking their pig! I want to take advantage of this time. The weather is cooler now but it's still light out enough to walk. I'm going to try to keep walking after work outside until it gets too dark and then switch over to the treadmill when it's too dark by 5pm.

We did the rest of the roast chicken leftovers for dinner tonight and I diced up the rest of the chicken for tomorrow's chicken curry. I also got the dishes under control today. My hope is to keep it under control this week.

The Office and Punky Brewster tonight. I want to try to catch the bus before the one I normally take tomorrow to see if I have less issues. I'd rather get to work early than deal with that drama again. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment