Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, September 8, 2020

09/08/2020

Today was a busy day at work, but not for as long as I anticipated. We were bonkers and I couldn't hardly keep things straight but my coworker and I both left around 2pm! I finished the day working remotely. I thought at first I might be able to try working from home tomorrow, but then I remembered that somebody is dropping stuff off at the office and will need somebody to be there, so I will be coming in after all. I might not be there too long, if it's not too busy. I might turn on my Hamilton cds though. I didn't have time today because I ended up running the transcript desk and not the back room, so I wasn't able to turn on any music.

My sister is working the late shift this week and since it's a hot week and we're trying to use up stuff from the freezer, this is a freezer dinner week. I am making her dinner for her so it's ready when she gets home. It worked out pretty well tonight, she was really excited with her meal. I have tomorrow night's planned out already too. It's a surprise so she just sits down and it shows up and that's dinner! I had leftover pizza that I didn't know I'd had in the freezer.

The smoke from Eastern Washington has blown over here and it's really bad right now. I wore my N95 mask to/from work and it seemed to help. I have to be so careful with smoke cuz of my asthma. We have the fans on in the house, but the windows closed. It's tolerable as long as you're in the fan's path, but it's pretty stuffy in here. But it's just so gross with the smoke to put the fans in the windows right now. Hopefully it'll dissipate soon cuz it's supposed to heat up again this week, so opening the windows would be really good.

It's gonna be a hot night and I already woke up early today and couldn't get back to sleep, so hopefully I'll sleep ok tonight and sleep till the alarm goes off!

No comments:

Post a Comment