Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, September 19, 2020

09/19/2020

What a cold, damp, and rainy day it was today! This morning, I got up and checked the air quality online and it was back to normal so I opened all the windows and started to cool off and properly air out the apartment. It has been gloriously cold all day! I even had tea today!

We started the day with a trip to Bartell's, a gas station to fill up the car, and McDonald's to pick up breakfast to take home with us. We settled in for a day of movies, mostly Disney, but now we're watching HP: POA in our Harry Potter rewatch.

I did something today that I haven't done in quite a while, from a combination of being too hot, and just having no motivation: I baked! We had three overripe bananas in the freezer and it is just time to start baking, so I found a recipe for browned butter banana bread and I just pulled it out of the oven and it smells divine! It turns out browned butter is super easy to make and I will be trying it out on popcorn sometime soon. 

Tomorrow we will do our Safeway shopping and depending on prices, we'll be picking up a chicken to roast here, or an already cooked chicken, but it's roast chicken dinner Sunday. We have potatoes to use up, so I'll be indulging and making homemade mashed potatoes to go with it. 

Based on how cold and damp it is now, I suspect I'll be able to switch over to my autumn bedding soon. The official first day of autumn is next week, so my plan is to put up decorations and switch bedding in a week, if it stays cold enough. I really like being able to use the oven again! It just feels so homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment