Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, September 20, 2020

09/20/2020

Today started with a trip to Safeway. I was unsuccessful with any items on my Christmas blog project list, so this afternoon I looked at the schedule very carefully and ordered the items I will need soonest before they might be available in stores, but will wait till later to see if I can find the rest in the stores in the next month or two. We picked up some lunch before heading home for an afternoon of movies and chores.

We started out with HP: GOF, and I also worked on the dishes, filling and running the dishwasher, and finally catching up with the by-hand dishes. After the movies, I took out the compost/garbage/recycling and swept all the hardwood floors. I also did two loads of laundry, folded it, and put it all away.

After HP we moved onto Disney movies. 101 Dalmations, both the original animated and the live action version. During that time, I worked on our roast chicken dinner, including homemade mashed potatoes, and homemade gravy. I put the last of the browned butter from the banana bread on the chicken as it roasted and it was fantastic! Dinner was delish and leftovers tomorrow will be too.

The banana bread turned out great from last night. It's always better the next day. I'm going to have a slice later for dessert/snack. Yum!

Watching The Sword in the Stone now, and mentally preparing for work tomorrow. I've been warned it's gonna be a crazy bad busy day, so we'll see what happens and how late I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment