Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, September 15, 2020

09/15/2020

Today was a boring day at work. It was super slow and I was set to leave at 10am and finish the day at home when my boss told me it was "pinks day". Which means printing overdue bills and folding papers and stuffing envelopes. And I worked on shredding paper. It was a serious drudgery day, but it was stuff that needs to get done and stay caught up. Things got way out of hand when the pandemic started and over the last few months and now we're finally in a position to catch up and stay that way. I was able to leave around 2:30pm and finished the day at home. Ironically, when I got home, a bunch of jobs came in and I was super busy till the end of the shift. I now have stuff to do tomorrow morning at the office.

When I logged off I took a shower, and lounged on my bed and continued to read the Frederick Douglass autobiography I've been reading lately. It should be required reading in this nation. He was talking today about how slave owners would insist upon being called "good" and "kind" by the people they enslaved or they'd get upset and sell them off, and that's about the whitest thing I can think of.

We binge-watched The Office for a couple hours and did an episode of Parks and Recreation, and had leftover tacos for dinner. I did some more dishes and now we're watching Punky Brewster. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment