Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, September 11, 2020

09/11/2020

Today is always a bit of a rough day, as we remember 9/11 every year. Some years are harder than others. This year we had the smoke distracting us, but next year, it'll be the 20th anniversary. It'll be a rough year...

I worked from home which is my normal routine for Friday. I watched Golden Girls, several episodes of the new Charmed, and finished out the second season of my Call the Midwife rewatch. There's so much I've forgotten about the earlier episodes, it's nice to watch it again. Work was steady but not overwhelming and I was very grateful not to have to leave the house.

I did leave the house after work when my sister was coming home so we could run out and get dinner and a few things from Walgreens. I needed white chocolate m&m's and eye drops. This smoke is making my eyes burn. Then we ran out to Briley's BBQ and picked up dinner.

Tomorrow's plans have been completely ruined by this smoke. The zoo, which we were already going to cancel on, officially closed for tomorrow, so now we really can't go, even if we'd wanted to. And our family backyard outing is definitely cancelled cuz who wants to sit outside in this smoke? Definitely not me and my mildly asthmatic lungs! I told my sister we could make a big blow-out breakfast and watch movies all day, instead. I'm really craving fried chicken, so I have to figure that out...

It was definitely warm in here, but I kept the fans on all day and we have them on now, and it's tolerable, unlike yesterday, which was sweltering. But I didn't turn on the fans in the afternoon, and that was a mistake. Definitely won't do that again. Fortunately, the position and speed of the fans in my bedroom are such that it does keep it tolerable even on the hottest nights, so hopefully I'll sleep ok today. I was in less of an exhausted stupor today, which is good. 

Started Girlfriends on Netflix tonight, which I haven't seen in forever and never saw from start to finish originally. Then an episode of The Office, and now finishing the evening by completing our Indiana Jones watch with the 4th movie, which is also on Netflix. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment