Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, September 17, 2020

09/17/2020

Today was a longer day at the office. I was there till about 2:45pm before I left to finish the day at home. My coworker installed a new exhibit marking program and I think it's going to make it way easier, and better-looking to electronically mark exhibits now. She walked me how it works and I'll get the hang of it but for now it's going to take a little time to figure it out.

Tomato update: The tomato that was the closest to ripening finished ripening and easily came off the vine when I tested it. There's another one that's a few days out from being ready and a couple more starting to turn yellow. The advice I took yesterday is definitely helping out. I'm really lucky I stumbled across that segment on tv yesterday!

More steamed potatoes, ham, and green beans for dinner tonight. The Office and Punky Brewster tonight. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow and finally start blowing some of this smoke away. Time will tell if that happens. It's a grocery shopping weekend for us so we're going to do Fred Meyer tomorrow after work and will pick up dinner on our way back home. We're thinking Heaven Sent Chicken. We were going to do it last week but there was a line and the smoke was too bad to wait outside for it. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow night. Jury is still out on Saturday with the family. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment