Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, September 27, 2020

09/27/2020

Today was just like I thought it would be: movies and chores. We watched HP:HBP, Legally Blonde, and now we're watching Monster's University. They also finally added the last season of The Good Place to Netflix so we watched the first two episodes of the last season while we ate dinner.

Dinner was a traditional pork chop dinner, but with red potatoes instead of russets. It was delish. I usually make it in the electric skillet, but tried it in the Dutch oven this time and it worked out really well. I also cooked the pork chops for less time, taking them out when I added the potatoes, and it was much less like shoe leather that time. I'll be doing it that way from now on. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow night.

Chores today included prepping my food for work for the week, taking out compost/garbage/recycling, doing a load of laundry, washing masks by hand, sweeping, harvesting another batch of oregano, and getting the sink caught up.

I'm going to go through my recipes and try to find something to use the tomatoes I've harvested over the last couple weeks. I have a lot of chicken to use, and oregano. I'm thinking maybe some sort of cacciatore recipe or something like it. I have a log of polenta to use up too. I'll figure something out. I need a good recipe for Tuesday. 

Not sure what awaits this week. It's supposed to heat up again outside, and we start a new month so I'll have to pay rent and buy a bus pass since Metro is going back to charging fares for the first time since March. Not sure what the work load will end up being, but the plan so far is to turn on my Hamilton soundtrack tomorrow. Something to look forward to on a Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment