Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, September 4, 2020

9/4/2020

Today was a rather slow day working from home. I was able to fully make my potato salad and clean up the kitchen from it and watched Black Panther and an episode of Call the Midwife, as well as The Golden Girls this morning. It was nice, but I know Tuesday will more than make up for it! I'm just determined to enjoy this weekend because of it!!

After I logged off, we ordered take out from Red Robin, and stopped by Bed, Bath, and Beyond at Northgate. We needed several things and had a coupon for 20% off our entire bill. I got an extension cord and power strip for my bedroom so I can plug in my humidifier closer to my bed and have a place to plug in what will be a new lamp for my room when we do some rearranging in the living room with a new lamp we got. I also got a heated blanket for when it gets cold in here and I'm freezing. I'm always talking about wanting one and now that it was 20% off, I thought it was a good deal. We also got some stuff to work on organizing our freezers because I hate the current disorganization. This should help get things to a more usable state. I took some "before" pictures today and I'll take some "after" pictures to post here.

As we got our dinner, we made plans for tomorrow. It's a risk, but we will social distance and wear masks, and make sure we're not there for too long, but we're going to venture out to Southcenter mall tomorrow because we're both in desperate need of some new clothes as ours are starting to fall apart. We're going to see what JC Penney has as far as sales and variety, and then for our mental health, we're going to see if the Disney Store is open. And if Bath and Body Works happens to be open and along the way from one to the other store, we may stop there, but that's it. Then it's back out and I will shower as soon as we get home. We're going to go as soon as the mall opens in hopes that it won't be too busy yet, and will try to be as fast as possible.

I will be making pulled pork for tomorrow's dinner, and plan to eat it with my potato salad. Should be delish. Grocery shopping on Sunday, and then home for movies the rest of the time. It should be a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment