Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, September 10, 2020

09/10/2020

It is too hot today! I'm sitting in a heat-induced stupor, but I'm eating the last of my root beer pie, which is frozen, so it's cooling me down a little. We have the fans on and the windows open so as soon as I'm done eating, I will be putting a mask on as it's still smoky out. It's supposed to get even worse starting tomorrow. The zoo trip and family gathering on Saturday is now in question. Just have to take it one day at a time, I guess.

I went into the office for the first part of the day but was able to get home sooner than I have so far this week, and finished the day at home remotely. Like usual, I'll be working from home tomorrow. I may regret not being able to go into an air-conditioned office...!

Freezer food for dinner is wearing thing. I'm definitely getting tired of it and hopefully next week will cool down enough that I can plan proper meals. I can still use stuff from the freezer, but I'm just over this. It's gonna be ridiculously hot and smoky tomorrow so we're probably gonna buy dinner out. Just confirmed with my sister, buying out is definitely happening. Drive thru so we don't have to get out and be in the smoke more.

I hope I sleep well tonight. I am so beyond tired right now. But these are the times I'm going to remember when I'm stuck in a snowstorm and walking home from downtown on a work night. Sike, I can work remotely now so I'm so never going to the office on a work day again!

No comments:

Post a Comment