Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, September 9, 2020

09/09/2020

Today was a ridiculous day at work. I did an exhibit that took up probably 45 minutes of my day. It was the worst exhibit I have ever worked on and it was just a nightmare from start to finish. And there was this back and forth on some video stuff that never got resolved and the website we use to upload stuff to to send out to places randomly updated, but only one one computer, the computer that the video stuff goes through. Of course. I ended up staying till 4pm and when I was trying to leave, the in-box exploded and I ended up staying 15 minutes late to get the worse of it taken care of. I finally left when I had to take the mail out. It was just an irritating day, overall. Not stressful, just irritating.

I came home and showered and sat at my desk finishing the murder mystery I've been reading since I went back to work in June. I usually take three weeks to read one, and now that I don't take breaks and only have certain times waiting for the bus to read, it took waaaaay longer than it used to take. Now I'll start a new one tomorrow.

Tonight's clean out the freezer dinner was a Trader Joe's mandarin chicken bowl and chicken potstickers. And then I had a slice of my root beer pie that I'm trying to use up. It's an exciting life...

Our tv is acting strange, so we're watching Netflix tonight. Can't complain about an evening of The Office. We're risking having the windows open tonight because it's just too hot and stuffy but I feel like there's still enough garbage in the air to be affecting me. Or it could be psychosomatic, because I just think it should be affecting me. I will probably close the window when I go to bed though. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment