Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, September 25, 2020

09/25/2020

Today I spent half the day at the office and half at home. We got all the stuff from yesterday sorted out, and packaged stuff up to go out in the mail. Now all the transcripts we've been keeping with us since the pandemic started, are gone and out of our way! When I came home, I watched some Call the Midwife while logged on. I also worked out next week's menu. I like to plan a week ahead so I can make sure I have all the ingredients, and thaw things in time to use it.

After logging out for the day, we went to Grocery Outlet and bought a lot of fun and unnecessary stuff, and some necessary stuff, which is why you go to Grocery Outlet. After that, we picked up Panda Express and came back to watch The Office. We're now settled in to watch The Goonies.

We're going to gather with my family tomorrow. It should be interesting because it'll probably be the first indoor gathering, so we'll have to be extra careful. My sister and I are gonna get MOD pizza cuz it's close to their place and easy to transport.

I'm making progress on gathering my Christmas blog ingredients. I took home a giant bag of craisins and another bag of raisins to bake with. Very exciting! I made the decision to change one of the recipes and I'm still tracking down just the right recipe for it. I'm about two weeks out from starting it!

Hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment